Senior Maritime Engineers
AW Maritime is a boutique port and coastal engineering consultancy and we pride ourselves on taking ownership of our client’s objectives and challenges, and providing innovative practical solutions that genuinely help improve the world we live in.
We specialise in the planning and design of port and coastal infrastructure for a range of clients including port authorities, government agencies, terminal operators, harbour managers, and various private clients. Having worked on all manner of maritime projects, from large-scale greenfield port developments to smaller jetties and small craft facilities, AW Maritime has established itself as a leading engineering service provider, with a growing client base and an increasing portfolio of projects in the pipeline.
As a result of our continued growth, we’re seeking an experienced Senior Maritime Engineer to join our team. With offices in Geelong and Melbourne and a presence in Sydney, we are looking forward to anyone with drive and enthusiasm and the experience and skills outlined below.
The ideal candidate:
AW Maritime is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from candidates across a wide range of backgrounds.
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate recent maritime structural engineering experience and be well acquainted with the technical aspects of maritime structural engineering.
In addition, the ideal candidate will need to be able to work both independently when required, and effectively within teams of internal and external resources.
We would like you to:
• Have an excellent understanding of the design of maritime structures including jetties, wharves, piers, and dolphins.
• Collaborate with team member on the successful execution of port and maritime structures projects.
• Manage all elements of the project lifecycle and ensuring resources and budgets are used effectively.
• Foster and further develop relationships with both existing and prospective clients.
• Work closely with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects to the highest outcomes.
Experience and required engineering qualification(s):
• Degree in Engineering with a specialisation in Civil or Structural Engineering with a focus on port and maritime structures, or equivalent;
• 5+ years maritime structural engineering;
• Experience with Strand 7, Spacegass, or equivalent.
• Strong team and project leadership skills;
• Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• The right to live and work in Australia.
We believe in providing our staff with a flexible, lively, supportive and rewarding work environment built on strong ethical values. Most importantly we believe in having fun working together and enjoying the challenge of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
If you are looking to progress your career and would like to work for a company offering diverse and challenging opportunities, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com.