Senior Coastal Engineers
AW Maritime is a boutique port and coastal engineering consultancy and we pride ourselves on taking ownership of our client’s objectives and challenges, and providing innovative practical solutions that genuinely help improve the world we live in.
We specialise in the planning and design of port and coastal infrastructure for a range of clients including port authorities, government agencies, terminal operators, harbour managers, and various private clients. Having worked on all manner of maritime projects, from large-scale greenfield port developments to smaller scale coastal protection works, AW Maritime has established itself as a leading engineering service provider, with a growing client base and an increasing portfolio of projects in the pipeline.
As a result of our continued growth, we’re seeking experienced Senior Coastal Engineers to join our team. With offices in Geelong and Melbourne and a presence in Sydney, we are looking forward to anyone with drive and enthusiasm and the experience and skills outlined below.
The ideal candidate:
AW Maritime is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from candidates across a wide range of backgrounds.
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate recent coastal engineering experience and be well acquainted with the technical aspects of coastal engineering project delivery.
In addition, the ideal candidate will need to be able to work both independently when required, and effectively within teams of internal and external resources.
We would like you to:
• Help develop, create, and implement strategies for AW Maritime’s coastal engineering service offering.
• Manage all elements of the project lifecycle, preparing proposals, presenting to clients, and ensuring resources and budgets are used effectively.
• Collaborate with team member on the successful execution of costal engineering projects or projects requiring coastal engineering as part of the overall project.
• Offer advice and guidance to team members less familiar with coastal engineering sciences.
• Foster and further develop relationships with both existing and prospective clients.
• Work closely with clients, subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects to the highest outcomes.
Experience and required engineering qualification(s):
• Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialisation in Coastal Engineering, or equivalent;
• 5+ years coastal engineering and numerical modelling experience;
• Strong team and project leadership skills;
• Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• The right to live and work in Australia.
We believe in providing our staff with a flexible, lively, supportive and rewarding work environment built on strong ethical values. Most importantly we believe in having fun working together and enjoying the challenge of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
If you are looking to progress your career and would like to work for a company offering diverse and challenging opportunities, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com.